Enfold’s COVID -19 response:
Our inputs were reflected in the Order by the Supreme Court of India on the safety of children under the JJ Act. Guidelines and training material for use by DWCDs, CCIs are being developed and disseminated at State and National levels. Support is being provided directly and through various networks to affected children and families
The Rehabilitation team has been successfully facilitating the filing of writ petitions before the Karnataka High Court seeking permissions for Medical Termination of Pregnancies beyond 20 weeks. Through the convergence of multiple stakeholders, the minor girls have been able to access relief in a timely manner.
We reach out to children and adult stakeholders across India, to address gender and sexuality with a special emphasis on child sexual abuse, through education, training, research, advocacy, and tangible support. During COVID we have taken our sessions on Personal Safety, Sexuality, Internet Safety, and POSH (prevention of sexual harassment at the workplace) and it’s redressal online!
Resources Developed for COVID
- The COVID-19 Pandemic – How do we keep children and staff of Child Care Institutions safe? Recommendations for Action that may be taken by the Department of Women and Child Development, Government of Karnataka (17 March 2020)
- Guidance for Child Welfare Committees under Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015 in the context of COVID-19 for consideration by the Nodal Department at State level (8 April 2020)
- Guidance for Juvenile Justice Boards and Children’s Courts under Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015, in the context of COVID-19 for consideration of Nodal Department at State level (8 April 2020)
- Guidelines for Child Care Institutions under the Juvenile Justice (Care & Protection of Children) Act, 2015 in the Context of COVID-19. Prepared by Enfold Proactive Health Trust, with support from UNICEF (Field Office for Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Telangana) (8 April 2020)
- Guidance for strengthening collaboration between State Governments and Civil Society to support vulnerable Children affected by COVID-19 (29 April 2020)
- Suggestions for Covid related Practice Guidelines for Special Courts (26 May 2020)
- Policy Brief on Child Rights and COVID 19. Prepared by members of Alliance for Right to ECD, Covid Response Alliance of India on Child Protection (CRAICP), India Alternative Care Network (IACN), ProChild Coalition, Right to Education Forum, Right to Food Campaign, Working Group on Human Rights to India and the UN (WGHR). Enfold Proactive Health Trust is an active member of ProChild Coalition and CRAICP. (17 July 2020)
- Standard Operating Procedures under the POCSO Act 2012 an initiative of the Karnataka State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (KSCPCR), supported by Enfold, UNICEF, experts from the departments of Police, Prosecution, Health and Family Welfare, Medical Doctors, Mental Health Professionals, Support Persons, Lawyers and Forensic Experts. Released on October 14, 2019 in Bengaluru.